Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Great Salad with interesting flavors. I serve with any barbecue or my tortilla crusted shrimp, which I will post later. Original recipe from Anne Lindsay Greer's Ultimate Low-Fat Mexican Cookbook
- 3 (11 ounce) cans white corn
- 1 large cucumber, peeled,seeded &,diced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 small green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Combine corn, cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, chilies and red onion in a large bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper and celery seed.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and vinegar in a small mixing bowl.
- Toss with vegetables and refrigerate, covered, overnight.
Very, very good different salad. Couldn't find just white corn in my area, so substituted yellow & white combo. Turned out very good. Also added more chilies because we realy like the taste of them. Will make this again.