Recipe by Sue Masters
Housekeeper at Las Brisas in Acapulco created this and we changed the ingredients so it can be done in the United States. You're guests will come back for more and ask for the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons white onions or 2 tablespoons yellow onions, minced very fine (do not use dried minced onion)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 teaspoons sugar or 3 packets Equal sugar substitute or 3 packets Splenda sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince the onion and place in a non-reactive bowl (glass or plastic).
- Add lime juice, Worcestershire, soy sauce, Tabasco, mustard and sugar.
- Add mayonnaise and olive oil and wisk to combine.
- Cover and let sit in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Note: I put everything in the Vita-Mix and blend- I don't know if a regular blender will work, but perhaps.