Recipe by Shelton Binkley
A wonderful cakelike cornbread best prepared in a well seasoned iron skillet.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising cornmeal, mix
- 1⁄3 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups bulgarian style whole buttermilk
- 3 dashes salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Pour oil in iron skillet and heat.
- Sprinkle 1 heaping tablespoon of dry ingredients in skillet.
- Add Buttermilk and eggs to dry.
- Mix well and pour into hot skillet.
- Cook about 25 minutes.