1/2 Photos of Masterchef Stroganoff
From the TV show Masterchef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 100 g flour
- 500 g beef, eye fillet sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 40 g butter, plus extra to serve
- 200 g swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1Combine paprika, flour and 1 teaspoon of sea salt in a bowl. Toss beef in the mixture to coat.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan over high heat and sear the beef for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Remove and set aside.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-high; add half the butter and remaining the olive oil. Cook the mushrooms until caramelised.
- 4Reduce the heat to medium, add remaining butter, eschalots and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- 5Add the tomato paste, brandy, stock, Worcestershire sauce and bring to the boil.
- 6Reduce heat to medium, stir in crème fraiche, reserved beef and juices, then season with salt and pepper.
- 7Serve with pasta, mashed potato or rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Masterchef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (569 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.6
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 175.3 mg
- Sodium 500.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 34.5 g