Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Makes about 1 pound fresh pasta. Cook’s Illustrated version.
- Pulse flour in workbowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade to evenly distribute.
- Add eggs; process until dough forms a rough ball.
- (about 30 seconds.
- If dough resembles small pebbles, add water, ½ teaspoon at a time.
- If dough sticks to side of workbowl, add flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, and process until dough forms a rough ball.).
- Turn dough ball and small bits out onto a dry work surface.
- knead until dough is smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside until your ready to run through pasta machine.
My husband surprised me tonight with a new pasta attachment for my Kitchen aid and i needed a recipe to try out my new gadget. I followed the recipe exactly as written (but i doubled the batch as my mixer was too big to handle a single batch) . This was a very VERY good and simple recipe. The pasta was light and fluffy and tasty.
Great recipe. After I added the 3 eggs I thought the dough was to dry so I added a fourth egg. Bad idea! Just follow Diana's directions, they are perfect. I used the pasta to make Papardelle for Pappardelle Bolognese Con Verdure and just to add a little bit of color and a touch of flavor I added some Turmeric and paprika to the flour. Thanks for posting.
i did it the old fashioned way of kneading by hand. i then used a hand-cranked pasta machine to cut to spaghetti. the result was a very 'bouncy' noodle that soaked up the sauce very well. bravo