Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Keep this in your freezer, and you can have fresh hot biscuits in minutes.
- 5 lbs flour (17 1/2 cups)
- 2 1⁄2 cups dry skim milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup baking powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 lbs vegetable shortening
- Stir dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Measure 3 cups into each freezer bag.
- To make up biscuits:.
- 3 cups basic mix.
- 3/4 cup cold water.
- Blend well. Knead 10 strokes. Cut into biscuits and bake 450 10 minites.