Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Staple food -- many uses
Make and share this Master Mix ( Biscuits or Pancakes ) recipe from Food.com.
- Sift dry ingredients together THREE times.
- Cut in the shortening until the consistency of corn meal.
- Store in covered container at room temperature.
- For Biscuits: for each 1 cup of mix, add 1/4 cup milk, pat out on a floured board and cut.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400.
- For Pancakes: for each 3 cups mix, add 1 egg and 1 1/2 cup milk.
- Stir only until moistened.
- Bake on hot griddle.
- These are extremely thick and"meaty".
This is one of the best master mixes of ALL TIME! And so much cheaper than buying the box stuff in the store!!!! I use it for my Baked Garlic Chicken & Mozzarella With Pasta * Fazoli's Copy and get the nicest crust on it. This recipe should be given to every new (and old?!) bride, along with recipes in which it can be used!!! I LOVE IT---!!!