Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
this came from a Sunday paper insert...have not tried it yet..but sounds yummy...you will need to add a cup of extra ingredients listed below ingredients...
- CLASSIC GRANOLA: 1/3 cup chopped walnuts.
- 1/3 cup sweetened flake coconut.
- 1/3 cup dark or golden raisins.
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon.
- (you can replace the 1/4 cup of maple syrup with 2 tbls each of syrup and molasses).
- CRUNCHY GRANOLA:.
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, 2 tbls sesame seeds, 6 tbls currants.
- GRANOLA WITH TROPICAL FLAVORING:.
- add the coconut along with the cashews and banana chips -- 1/4 cup chopped roasted unsalted cashews, 1/4 cup chopped banana chips, 1/4 cup sweetened flake coconut, 1/4 cup chopped dried pineapple, flavoring, 1/2 tsp ground ginger.
- GRANOLA WITH CHERRIES AND ALMONDS:.
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, 1/3 cup sweetened coconut, 1/3 cup dried cherries, flavoring: 3/4 tsp almond extract.
- TRAIL MIX GRANOLA: 1/4 cup chopped roasted unsalted peanuts, 1/4 cup sweetened flake coconut, 1/3 cup dried cherries, flavoring 3/4 tsp almond extract.
- ORANGE BERRY- GRANOLA WITH PECANS: 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/4 cup dried blueberries, flavoring 1/2 tsp finely grated orange zest.
- ORANGE FLAVORED GRANOLA WITH PISTACHIOS AND MANGO AND DATES: 1/2 cup chopped roasted pistachios, 1/4 cup chopped dates, 1/4 chopped dried mangos -- flavoring -- 1/2 tsp finely grated orange zest and 1/4 tsp allspice.
- to prepare MASTER RECIPE:.
- adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 275*. coat a 9x13" metal pan with cooking spray, then set aside. mix oats, wheat germ, brown sugar, salt and any extra ingredients. except dried fruit--in a bowl. bring syrup, oil, water and any flavoring indicated below to a simmer in a saucepan over low heat -- drizzle over oat mixture and stir to combine -- pour mixture onto prepared pan -- working a handful at a time, squeeze cereal to form small clumps. bake for 30 minutes, stir in dried fruits, continue to bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes, longer. let cool -- granola can be stored in an airtight container tin for up to two weeks -- .