Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this low fat baking mix recipe from www.recipesource.com imported from Meal Master and thought I'll share it with all of you. Nutritional Advantages: More protein, more calcium, no partially hydrogenated or hydrogenated fats. Increased fiber, folacin, potassium, phosphorous, copper, manganese, iron, magnesium, pantothenic acid, Vitamins, B1, B2, B6, zinc, B12, A, niacin.
- 2 cups enriched all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup baking powder
- Mix dry ingredients in food processor using a metal blade, or with an electric mixer.
- Slowly pour in the oil as the machine is running.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Mix thoroughly once again.
- Store in a covered container in the freezer.
- Makes 5 cups of mix.
- Use in recipes calling for Bisquick- type baking mix.
5 stars for posting this recipe but I think baking power needs to be added to the ingredients?