1/1 Photo of Mast-O Khiar (Persian Yogurt and Cucumber Dip)
1 hr 15 mins
From our local newspaper. Low fat yogurt can be substituted for whole milk yogurt. (This recipe can be also transformed with a snap of your fingers into a soup by adding 1 cup of cold water or broth, to desired consistency. Serve with an ice cube to keep soup chilled.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 cups whole milk yogurt, drained (read intro)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped (NOT dried)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill weed, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh rose petals, cut into ribbons
- 1 dried rose bud (optional)
- 1In a serving bowl combine the cucumber, raisins, yogurt, sour cream, scallions, mint, dill, garlic and walnuts.
- 2Stir mixture thoroughly and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Cover and refrigerate dip for at least 1 hour before serving.
- 4When ready to serve, garnish with the mint, rose petals and the rose bud, if using.
- 5Serve with pita bread triangles, Arabic bread, crostini, etc.
- 6Yield is estimated.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mast-O Khiar (Persian Yogurt and Cucumber Dip)
Serving Size: 1 (1288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.0
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 323.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh rose petals