Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe I learned in Thailand at a cooking course
- 10 long red chilies, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground star anise
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped shallots (about 6 shallots)
- 4 tablespoons chopped garlic, about 7 cloves
- 2 inches lemongrass, chopped
- 1⁄2 inch galangal, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped kaffir lime zest or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Blend the chillies, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, cardamom and white pepper together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, one by one, blending after each addition, until you have a smooth paste.
- There should be about 6 tablespoons of paste.