Recipe by BB502
This is a delicious cranberry sauce or relish! It was a triple blue ribbon winner at three large fairs! It was a family secret recipe until now. It is the most requested family recipe in our family.Even people who don't like cranberries, love this recipe.
Top Review by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This may be considered a salad, however, we had this for dessert, and yes, it was excellent. I used fresh cranberries, fresh pineapple and crushed pecans. The cherry Jell-O gave it a delightful flavor. This will be and very good summer salad. Thank you for sharing Betsy. "Uncle Bill"
- 1 cup ground raw cranberries (usually ½ of a bag)
- 1 cup ground raw apple
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O (any flavor jello you prefer)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup broken nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve jello in hot water.
- Add pineapple juice.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, combine cranberries, apples and sugar.
- Stir into cranberry mixture the jello/pineapple and add the nuts.
- Pour into mold or individual molds.
- I use a glass loaf pan.
- Chill 2 hours, or longer.
- Unmold, or I scoop out and spoon into fancy glass serving dish.