Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delicious cranberry sauce or relish! It was a triple blue ribbon winner at three large fairs! It was a family secret recipe until now. It is the most requested family recipe in our family.Even people who don't like cranberries, love this recipe.
- Dissolve jello in hot water.
- Add pineapple juice.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, combine cranberries, apples and sugar.
- Stir into cranberry mixture the jello/pineapple and add the nuts.
- Pour into mold or individual molds.
- I use a glass loaf pan.
- Chill 2 hours, or longer.
- Unmold, or I scoop out and spoon into fancy glass serving dish.
This may be considered a salad, however, we had this for dessert, and yes, it was excellent. I used fresh cranberries, fresh pineapple and crushed pecans. The cherry Jell-O gave it a delightful flavor. This will be and very good summer salad. Thank you for sharing Betsy. "Uncle Bill"
I made this for Thanksgiving and forgot to review. I was looking for a cranberry salad that was sweeter than usual since some of my family are not huge fans of cranberries. They loved this! Definitely a keeper, thanks for posting!
Thank you for sharing your delicious recipe! It was a big hit at my Thanksgiving table. People especially liked that this dish is sweeter, less tart, than the usual cranberry sauce. I was asked at the dinner table to be sure I made this every year for our holiday dinner. Thank you for a hands down new favorite.