1/1 Photo of Massa De Pimentao (Red Paprika Paste)
Mia in Germany's Note:
This is a popular condiment in Portugal to accompany meat, poultry, fish, specifically grilled. It keeps for about 2 weeks in an airtight jar in the fridge. Preparation time does not include 24 hours marinating time. Cooking time is a guess - depends on your oven grill. You can also grill the garlic, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and quarter bell peppers.
- 2Combine with salt and let stand for 24 hours at room temperature.
- 3Preheat oven grill, thoroughly wash salted peppers, pat dry.
- 4Place on baking tray, skin up, under the grill and bake until skin gets black.
- 5Let cool a bit, then remove skin.
- 6Puree with garlic and olive oil in a blender or food processor.
- 7Store in airtight jar in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Massa De Pimentao (Red Paprika Paste)
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.9
- Calories from Fat 495
- Total Fat 55.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6992.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g