Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For a great accompaniment to all manner of Indian inspired dishes, rustle up spiced red lentils with onion and garlic.
- Place the lentils in a large saucepan and add the water. Boil until mushy.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onions until golden. Drain half of them with a slotted spoon and reserve in a separate bowl.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes to the pan and stir for a few seconds. Stir in the tomatoes and the chili powder and cook until soft.
- Season with salt and stir in the cooked lentils.
- Serve hot, topped with the reserved fried onions and a sprinkling of cilantro leaves.