Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A nice soup with a bit of heat.
Make and share this Masoor Dal Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Tie the cloves, bay leaves and peppercorns in a piece of cheesecloth.
- Put the dal and 5 cups water into a heavy, large pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove the scum that rises to the top.
- Add the spice bag and turmeric to the pot-reduce to simmer and cover pot with lid cracked a bit.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove spice bag and place soup in a food processor ans whirl to smooth.
- Return to pot and add remaining ingredients.
- Serve with croutons.