Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled (such as Montrachet)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain well. Return to pot. Mix in cheese and butter. Mash until smooth. Add half and half, basil and garlic and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Good, but not different enough from regular mashed potatoes to be special or better. I'd stick with a good straight up mashed potato recipe.