Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this up on the fly, so the amounts are approximate.
Make and share this Mashed Yams With Avocado recipe from Food.com.
- Bake yams at 350 for 40-60 minute until soft. Let cool.
- Scrape cooled yams into bowl; mash.
- Add yogurt; whip.
- Quickly chop and blend in avocado.
- Move mixture to casserole.
- Top with crushed pistachios.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minute.
After scanning through the new recipes, I came upon this and was mildly intrigued. Even more so because I actually had both a yam and an avocado sitting with no purpose at home. Didn't have any yogurt, so subbed sour cream and scaled the recipe down to one medium yam, 1/2 an avocado and 2 tbs sour cream; was out of pistachios. Made one large serving...pretty darn tasty. The nutty flavor of the avocado was different, but yet somehow good. I do think it needs a dash of salt and maybe a little something else...I try again and play with the add in's.