Recipe by *Parsley*
Nothing sweet; no marshmallows or sugar. You can use fresh yams (or sweet potatoes) or two 40-oz cans yams; well drained and cooked. Prep time doesn't include peeling and cooking fresh yams or sweet potatoes.
- 6 cups hot mashed yams (can use fresh yams or sweet potatoes or two 40-oz cans yams, well-drained and heated)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons apple cider (or juice)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease/spray a casserole dish; set aside.
- Place hot mashed yams in a large bowl. Mash in the butter, sour cream, cider, salt, pepper, ginger and cinnamon.
- Pour the mashed mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Drizzle the 1 tbsp melted butter over top.
- Bake at 375, uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until top lightly browns.