1/2 Photos of Mashed Yam Casserole
Nothing sweet; no marshmallows or sugar. You can use fresh yams (or sweet potatoes) or two 40-oz cans yams; well drained and cooked. Prep time doesn't include peeling and cooking fresh yams or sweet potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups hot mashed yams (can use fresh yams or sweet potatoes or two 40-oz cans yams, well-drained and heated)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons apple cider (or juice)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease/spray a casserole dish; set aside.
- 2Place hot mashed yams in a large bowl. Mash in the butter, sour cream, cider, salt, pepper, ginger and cinnamon.
- 3Pour the mashed mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- 4Drizzle the 1 tbsp melted butter over top.
- 5Bake at 375, uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until top lightly browns.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Yam Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.4
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 162.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g