1/2 Photos of Mashed Yam Casserole
I love this! You can use sweet potatoes, but I prefer yams. No sugar or marshmallows in this. The sweetness comes from a banana. Great with ham or for Thanksgiving or anytime!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Boil yam chunks in salted water until tender (about 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your chunks). Drain.
- 3Place cooked, drained yam chunks in a large bowl. Add banana. Mash together with a potato masher.
- 4Add 3 tbsp butter and the sour cream. Mash to combine well. Mash in the salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- 5Place mashed mixture into prepared casserole dish. Evenly drizzle with the 1 tbsp melted butter.
- 6Bake uncovered, at 350 for 20 minutes or until top just begins to slightly brown.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Yam Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.9
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 201.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 4.2 g