Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really good side dish when serving a roast beef. I love the flavor of turnips. If you prefer rutabagas you can substitute them for the turnip.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turnips, peeled
- 2 tablespoons milk (optional)
- 1 bartlett pear
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves, roasted and peeled
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Steam turnips over boiling water until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain turnips and place in a food processor or blender along with pear, garlic, and margarine.
- Process until smooth, adding skim milk as needed. Season with salt and pepper.
I did like them, but the bf gave them 2.5 stars as we are trying out different ways to eat turnips. I personally believe that the pear taste maybe was what threw them off for him, but I quite enjoyed the difference. I really think that if the pear was excluded they might be better. I will try that next time. Thanks for the inspiration!