Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I modified a recipe I found on Foodnetwork.com and it turned out delicious! I'm posting it here so I don't forget how we made it. The almond milk I used was homemade almond milk with nothing in it other than almonds and water. I've noticed most of the store brands add sugar and chemicals. I suppose you could use real milk or cream too, but it was amazingly light and delicious with the almond. I prefer to keep these chunky rather than extra smooth due to the high water content in the turnips. I imaging this would taste great if you baked it with cheese too!
- Put turnips and potatoes in salted cold water, bring to a boil, and simmer covered for 20 minutes, until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and sage, sautéing until the onion is tender, the sage is fragrant and the butter is brown.
- Season w salt and pepper.
- Add the almond milk, bring to a simmer and let thicken slightly.
- Drain turnips and potatoes. Add milk mixture and mash.