Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is Kim O'Donnell's adaptation of a Martha Stewart Living recipe. Haven't tried it yet but it looks yummy and has some of my favorite ingredients!
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork.
- Roast on a baking sheet for about an hour, until soft.
- Cool slightly, peel and scoop out flesh.
- ALTERNATIVE METHOD: Peel and dice sweet potatoes and roast till soft. This produces more roasted flavor/texture.
- Mash with a potato masher.
- In a saucepan, combine coconut milk and curry paste; bring to a bare simmer. Do not allow to boil as the coconut milk will curdle.
- Cook for five minutes, stirring the curry into the coconut milk.
- Add sweet potatoes, 2 tbs. butter and salt; mix to combine.
- Add maple syrup to taste.
- Butter small gratin dishes or a large casserole.
- Spoon mixture into dishes and dot with remaining butter.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes.
These are super-good. Even using light coconut milk and cutting back on the butter, they are still rich and flavorful. If you like Thai-style curries, you'll love these.