1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Sass Smith's Note:
This is Kim O'Donnell's adaptation of a Martha Stewart Living recipe. Haven't tried it yet but it looks yummy and has some of my favorite ingredients!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork.
- 3Roast on a baking sheet for about an hour, until soft.
- 4Cool slightly, peel and scoop out flesh.
- 5ALTERNATIVE METHOD: Peel and dice sweet potatoes and roast till soft. This produces more roasted flavor/texture.
- 6Mash with a potato masher.
- 7In a saucepan, combine coconut milk and curry paste; bring to a bare simmer. Do not allow to boil as the coconut milk will curdle.
- 8Cook for five minutes, stirring the curry into the coconut milk.
- 9Add sweet potatoes, 2 tbs. butter and salt; mix to combine.
- 10Add maple syrup to taste.
- 11Butter small gratin dishes or a large casserole.
- 12Spoon mixture into dishes and dot with remaining butter.
- 13Broil for 3-4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Thai Red Curry Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.3
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 569.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 39.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste