Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is the companion recipe to Mashed Thai Red Curry Sweet Potatoes. It's a little milder in flavor. Any type of orange-fleshed squash or pumpkin can be substituted, but be aware that different moisture levels will affect the consistency of the final product. I used kabocha, but pumpkin or butternut would also be fine.
- In a saucepan, combine coconut milk and curry paste; bring to a bare simmer. Do not allow to boil as the coconut milk will curdle.
- Cook for five minutes, stirring the curry into the coconut milk.
- Add squash, 2 tbs. butter and salt; mix to combine.
- Add maple syrup to taste.
- Butter small gratin dishes or a large casserole.
- Spoon mixture into dishes and dot with remaining butter.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes.
Shockingly delicious! Great texture, great over rice or spaghetti squash or by itself. This was a hit with ALL the people I served, a rare and wonderful unanimous thumbs up. This dish was suspiciously easy to make, even my severe ADHD didn't sidetrack me. Quick to make, made me actually appear to be a knowledgeable cook. tsk, tsk.