Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This morning my hubby brought me some lovely parsnips fresh out of the garden. They over wintered and he asked that I mash them. I didn't have enough so I added some Yukon Gold potatoes to them and the combination is quite delicious. I didn't peel my potatoes, however that's optional.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs parsnips
- 1 lb yukon gold potato
- 3 teaspoons bouillon (I used Better then Bouillon Vegetable Base)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons margarine (I used vegan earth balance)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (I used vegan sour cream that I heated slightly)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Peel and chop the parsnips and potatoes into similar size pieces.
- Simmer in a large pot of water for about 20 minutes, or until very tender.
- Using a large stand mixer add the potatoes and parsnips and give them a good mix.
- Add the margarine and warmed sour cream.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with a garnish of green onions.
- Bon Appetit!
I made this, but changed the veggie amounts. I only used 2 parsnips, plus added a peeled zucchini that needed to be used. I didn't have non dairy sour cream, so I added some almond milk with the Earth Balance and it turned out good! My kids ate it, even though I could taste a hint of the parsnips. Any more and I think they wouldn't have eaten it. Does the lemon do anything for that? I left it out. Thanks, Chef Joey! I didn't rate, as I changed it so much.