Recipe by CookbookCarrie
Very yummy! South Beach Friendly for Phase 2&3. I looked and didnt see one quiet like this. Great for your everyday dinner, or for a holiday meal. This recipe serves 2, use the multiplier provided to adjust the serving size.
Top Review by Eva E.
I used the multiplier to make it for 12 people. Tastes just like the filling for pumpkin pie with the healthy benefit of no form of any sugars or flours had to be used. Did add more milk to make it run through my blender. A 10+ out of 10.
- 1⁄2 lb sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 tablespoon margarine (No Trans Fats)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg (fresh grated)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel potatoes and chop into medium-sized chunks.
- Cover with water in a large pot and boil until pieces are easily pierced with a fork.
- While Sweet potatoes cook, spread the pecans on a cookie sheet and place in oven to toast.
- When potatoes are done, drain and add buttermilk, margarine, and spices and mash together.
- Use your blender or immersion blender to whip them smooth.
- Spray your serving dish lightly with Pam and put the potatoes in it.
- Top with the toasted Pecans.