Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Marsala is usually served as a dessert wine. Gives these potatoes a unique and rich flavor. Adapted from Cooking Light. Serving size 3/4 cup; 322 calories, 6.6 fat g, 62.6 g carb, 6.8 g fiber, 16 mg cholesterol.
Top Review by JB's Girl
Very Very good, will be making quit often. I did leave out buttermild and thyme, but they were still fantastic. The marsala goes a long way in all those potatoes, very good flavors.
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- fresh thyme sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes in a preheated 425° oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes OR until tender; cool slightly.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out the pulp into a saucepan; discard the skin.
- In addition to the pulp, add in the next 6 ingredients to the saucepan; mash to desired consistency.
- Cook over low heat for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm and ganish with thyme sprigs.