Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I don't care for the sweet potatoes topped with marshmallows, but a good friend fixed these for Thanksgiving dinner last year and I loved them! This is a recipe from Bobby Flay.
- 5 lbs sweet potatoes (10 med or 5 large potatoes)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup creme fraiche
- 4 teaspoons adobo sauce (from canned chipotles)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat to 375°.
- Bake potatoes until soft, 35 - 40 minutes for medium potatoes, 1 hour for large.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl; whisk until smooth.
- When potatoes are tender, remove from oven, slice in half, and remove centers of potatoes.
- Mash and add maple syrup mixture.
- Taste for seasoning and transfer to a warm serving bowl.
I've eaten alot of yams in my day, but these take the cake. Delicious.