Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 lbs medium sweet potatoes (about 8 oz. each)
- 1⁄3 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- crumbled gingersnaps
- Preheat oven to 350° with oven rack 8 inches from heat.
- Pierce potatoes several times with a fork; place potatoes on oven rack, and place a piece of foil on the rack below to catch drips.
- Bake potatoes 40 minutes or until tender.
- Cool slightly (about 10 minutes).
- Peel potatoes, and press through a ricer or mash with a potato masher until smooth (do not use a mixer or food processor).
- Stir in preserves and next 9 ingredients until well blended.
- Spoon sweet potato mixture into a lightly greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot; garnish with crumbled gingersnaps.