Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This full flavored sweet potato dish is quick and easy to prepare, adding an interesting, and healthy way to serve potatoes that are traditionally full of calories. You will find the flavors of the spice mixture along with orange juice a wonderful complement to the potato without the usual fat and cholesterol
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes or 2 medium yams, sliced thin for quick cooking
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- white pepper
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil in a steamer with a tight fitting lid.
- Peel, slice and steam sweet potatoes in steamer basket, covered, for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- When tender mash with potato masher adding rest of ingredients.