1/3 Photos of Mashed Sweet Potatoes
This is our version for Thanksgiving. Wonderful fresh taste! Not for those who want a marshmallow covered sweet potato! Recipe can be double but you must allow for more cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine butter, cream, salt, sugar, and sweet potatoes in large saucepan.
- 2Cook, covered, over low heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes fall apart when poked with fork.
- 3This will take between 30 to 45 minutes.
- 4Take off heat and mash sweet potatoes in saucepan with potato masher.
- 5You can also put potatoes into kitchen aid mixer and mix.
- 6Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.9
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 40.8 mg
- Sodium 419.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g