Recipe by Kimke
This is our version for Thanksgiving. Wonderful fresh taste! Not for those who want a marshmallow covered sweet potato! Recipe can be double but you must allow for more cooking time.
Top Review by schanbacher5
Delicious! Tried other mashed sweets, but couldn't find the right mix, til now! Being lazy, I didn't even cut the pieces small, just in big chunks, and used 1% milk instead of heavy cream. Whipped them in the Kitchenaid mixer and they were perfect! Thanks for the recipe.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and cut crosswise into 1/4 inch-thick (about 2 large or 3 medium-small potatoes)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, cream, salt, sugar, and sweet potatoes in large saucepan.
- Cook, covered, over low heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes fall apart when poked with fork.
- This will take between 30 to 45 minutes.
- Take off heat and mash sweet potatoes in saucepan with potato masher.
- You can also put potatoes into kitchen aid mixer and mix.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.