Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I recieved this recipe from a friend years ago. It makes a delicous side dish.
- 2 -3 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- wash sweet potatoes.
- poke with a fork.
- bake in 400 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours until middle is soft.
- peel off skins.
- put hot potatoes in mixing bowl. Add butter and mash with mashed.
- Add brown sugar and half & half and mash until completely mixed.
This is really the easiest and best way to do your sweet potatoes, in my opinion. With all the other dishes being made, I usually bake the potatoes the day before the big day, peel and mash them and then put them in the oven to reheat on the big day. Thank you for posting
I used 1 medium sweet potato which was just right for 2 of us but only put in 1 teaspoon of butter, 2 teaspoons of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons hi-lo milk which made just the right consistency of mash for us. Thank you Kerry Ciulla, made for All You Can Cook Buffet -Special Event.
The best sweet potatoes! Baking the potatoes makes a big difference. I mixed mine in the food processor. Roxygirl