Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Mashed Sweet Potato Pie
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2⁄3 cups light cream or 1 2⁄3 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Bake sweet potatoes until tender; peel and mash. Make sure all lumps are removed, straining if necessary.
- Mix mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, sugar, salt, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla, cream or evaporated milk and melted butter together.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes or until knife inserted one inch from edges of pie comes out clean.
Marg, you darlin'--I'm the Queen of Sweet Tater Pies with my family!! (I cut the butter in half--since I was using real butter. :-0 ) Mix everything the CuisinArt EASY~ this is a fabulous pie!!! Made for Special Meals in Cooking Photos.