Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A wholesome and tasty Thanksgiving side dish - No marshmallows or nuts required!
- 1 (32 ounce) can sweet potatoes or 1 (32 ounce) can yams, drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar or 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Mash sweet potatoes together with melted butter, sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla, and salt; pour into an ungreased 9" baking dish.
- Cut together brown sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon until crumbly; spread evenly over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
Went over really well! I wanted something different this year than my standard candied yams with pecans and marshmallows. I did made a couple of changes. I used all brown sugar instead of any white sugar, and at my husband's request, I added pecans to the yams. Really easy to make and really really good!