Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
Peanut butter adds a "secret ingredient" that makes this taste divine!
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain well and return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine 1 T of the sugar, apple juice, peanut butter, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the drained potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Mash until smooth.
- Put into lightly greased 1 1/2 qt shallow baking dish (I use a glass 9-inch pie plate).
- Sprinkle with remaining T of sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees 20-30 minutes, until hot.
Delicious! I followed the recipe as written and it turned out just right! I will definitely make this again!
This is an awesome recipe. The only change that I made was to use a brown sugar replacement as I am diabetic. I will make this many times again and it is special enough to serve at a holiday meal but easy enough to prepare anytime. The flavors just melt in your mouth and the taste buds scream for more. Simply delicious!!!!!