Peanut butter adds a "secret ingredient" that makes this taste divine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- 2Drain well and return to saucepan.
- 3Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine 1 T of the sugar, apple juice, peanut butter, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- 4Add the peanut butter mixture to the drained potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Mash until smooth.
- 6Put into lightly greased 1 1/2 qt shallow baking dish (I use a glass 9-inch pie plate).
- 7Sprinkle with remaining T of sugar.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees 20-30 minutes, until hot.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Sweet Potato Bake
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 113.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g