Recipe by Vchef607
The mashed sweet and white potatoes have a sweet and salty taste, giving it a pleasant combination. The potatoes are slightly orange due to the sweet potatotes.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the potatoes and dice into 1 inch cubes.
- Place potatoes into a large pot and fill with cold water until potatoes are completely submerged with water by at least one inch. Add enough salt to make the water salty.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then boil the potatoes until it can be pierced with a fork without resistance.
- Strain the potatoes then put the pot over low heat until the potatoes dry out.
- Mash the potatoes and add milk, butter, salt, and sugar. Serve immediately.