The mashed sweet and white potatoes have a sweet and salty taste, giving it a pleasant combination. The potatoes are slightly orange due to the sweet potatotes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the potatoes and dice into 1 inch cubes.
- 2Place potatoes into a large pot and fill with cold water until potatoes are completely submerged with water by at least one inch. Add enough salt to make the water salty.
- 3Bring the pot to a boil, then boil the potatoes until it can be pierced with a fork without resistance.
- 4Strain the potatoes then put the pot over low heat until the potatoes dry out.
- 5Mash the potatoes and add milk, butter, salt, and sugar. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Sweet and White Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 1873.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 8.0 g