Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a cooking light recipe that makes mashed carrots tasty. Canbe vegan by subbing out for the butter.
- 3 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- Put the carrots in a pan and cover them with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until they are very tender.
- Drain them.
- Put the carrots in a bowl and add the other ingredients and then mash to the consistency you want.
Ladypit,I made this on New Years Day and we all enjoyed it,I was looking for something different to serve with what we had.I will make this again.This is always a sign that it was enjoyed.....Don
Awesome recipe! I used Splenda instead of regular sugar and added a several dashes of cinnamon plus a dash of nutmeg. I felt it needed just a sprinkling of salt too. I roughly mashed them for a bit more texture. We certainly will enjoy them again! Thanks!
They were pretty good. I had to modify the recipe to use what I had at home so I used splenda instead of sugar, and apple juice instead of orange juice. It's probably better with the orange juice, so I will try that next time.