- 2 lbs idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, bring potatoes, rutabagas and enough salted water to cover to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, or until potatoes and rutabagas are fork-tender; drain.
- Transfer to large bowl. Using hand masher or potato ricer, mash potato mixture until smooth. In pot over medium-high heat, warm buttermilk and butter for 1 minute, or until hot.
- Stir hot buttermilk mixture into potatoes. Fold in chives; season with salt and pepper, if desired.