Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dish won't pass for potatoes, but it tastes goodand is good for a low carb diet. It is good topped with meat gravy or sauce.
- 2 lbs rutabagas
- water, to cover
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- Peel rutabagas and slice thinly.
- Put in medium saucepan and cover with water.
- Boil until tender, 30-45 minutes.
- Mash then add sour cream, margarine and salt
- Eat and enjoy.
We really enjoyed this! So easy and so good. I made it as written and it was fantastic. I served it with baked ham and tossed salad. I'm putting it in my tried and true file to be made again. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010.