Very nice mix of tastes. From Smart cooking by Anne Lindsay.
Make and share this Mashed Rutabaga With Carrots and Orange recipe from Food.com.
- Peel rutabaga and carrots.
- Cut int 3/4 inch chunks.
- Cook separately in boiling water until tender, drain.
- Mash each, either with potato masher or in a food processor.
- Combine rutabaga carrots, sugar, orange juice, butter, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if using.
- Serve immediately or cover and reheat before serving.