Recipe by Derf
Very nice mix of tastes. From Smart cooking by Anne Lindsay.
Top Review by Paula5
Wonderful stuff. I will keep this and use it over and over. My family is usually luke-warm when it comes to rutabagas (or neeps, as my Scottish friend calls them), but they really liked this a lot. I used a little less sugar and orange juice to suit my own taste. Excellent! Many thanks.
- 1 small rutabaga
- 4 carrots
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- fresh ground pepper
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel rutabaga and carrots.
- Cut int 3/4 inch chunks.
- Cook separately in boiling water until tender, drain.
- Mash each, either with potato masher or in a food processor.
- Combine rutabaga carrots, sugar, orange juice, butter, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if using.
- Serve immediately or cover and reheat before serving.