- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and diced
- boiling salt water
- 4 medium potatoes
- salt and pepper
- hot milk, if necessary
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook diced rutabaga, covered, in as small amount of boiling, salted water as possible about 30 minutes, or until tender; drain.
- Boil unpeeled potatoes for about 30 minutes, or until very tender; drain and slip off skins.
- Combine hot rutabaga and hot potatoes.
- Mash or beat together with butter, salt and pepper to taste.
- If mixture is dry, beat in a little hot milk to obtain the consistency you like.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.