1/1 Photo of Mashed Red Skinned Potatoes With Scallions
I came across this recipe in my local newspaper and thought it looked delicious. It is similar to Irish Mashed Potatoes which they call "Champ." That dish is served with half the butter melted and served in a small well on top of the potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with water, salt liberally, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in another pot heat cream and butter over low heat; do not allow to boil.
- 4Drain the potatoes, return to the pot and mash with a potato masher (do not over-mash or they will become gluey).
- 5Continue mashing, adding cream and butter mixture, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- 6Stir in scallions and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Red Skinned Potatoes With Scallions
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.5
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 22.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g