Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
The potatoes are ready in our garden, and this is the first recipe I reach for! These are SO good!!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Put potatoes and garlic in lg pan.
- Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Drain well.
- Mash with the butter, milk, and salt.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese.
heaven on earth! this was excellant. i made it for my parents with salmon and asparagus. these potatoes needed no extra butter or sauce. perfect as is!
Be very naughty and add bacon to this recipe. Add the bacon grease and go right to heaven! It is wonderful. I make a simular dish with red potatoes, green beans, bacon and sometimes, the grease. You can cook the red potatoes and green beans together.
Fabulous darling, just fabulous!!! These mad a wonderful side dish with our pork tenderloin. I added more garlic (of course) and some salt and pepper. Super taste, very good Inez, thanks! These are now a keeper for good.