From the paper, adapted from "Bradley Ogden's Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner" cookbook, 1991. I usually have red potatoes in the house and this sounds so good! I guessed time since I haven't made this yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cook the potatoes in salted water until tender; drain and dry them out in the oven for 10 minutes.
- 3While potatoes are cooking, peel all the cloves from the head of garlic.
- 4In a small saucepan, simmer the peeled garlic cloves with the cream or half and half, the milk and the butter.
- 5When the garlic is very tender, set the mixture aside.
- 6Puree the potatoes and garlic mixture through the medium disk of a food mill.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8If necessary, thin with more milk.
- 9Keep warm until serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Red Potatoes With Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.4
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 43.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g