Recipe by Oolala
From the paper, adapted from "Bradley Ogden's Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner" cookbook, 1991. I usually have red potatoes in the house and this sounds so good! I guessed time since I haven't made this yet.
Top Review by mersaydees
I make this from Bradley Odgen's Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner cookbook. These potatoes are great! I use buttermilk in place of milk, and a KitchenAid mixer in place of a food mill. Thanks, Oolala for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 head fresh garlic
- 1 cup cream, can use half and half
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly cracked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until tender; drain and dry them out in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, peel all the cloves from the head of garlic.
- In a small saucepan, simmer the peeled garlic cloves with the cream or half and half, the milk and the butter.
- When the garlic is very tender, set the mixture aside.
- Puree the potatoes and garlic mixture through the medium disk of a food mill.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If necessary, thin with more milk.
- Keep warm until serving.