Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Woman's Day. Cut pumpkins in half horizontally or squash lengthwise. Sugar or pie pumpkins are different from the jack-o-lantern variety. Can be made up to 2 days ahead and reheated in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes or in the microwave.
- 29.58 ml dried sweetened cranberries
- 1360.77 g sugar pumpkin or 1360.77 g butternut squash, cut in half,with seeds and strings removed
- 3 large golden delicious apples, halved and cored (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 59.14 ml butter, cut into small pieces
- 9.85 ml freshly grated lemons, rind of
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- Put cranberries in small bowl and add 1 cup boiling water and let soak.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and place pumpkin and apples cut side down on sheet.
- Bake 40 minutes or until pumpkin is fork tender and apples are very soft.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Scoop pumpkin and apple pulp into large bowl.
- Add butter, lemon peel, salt and pepper and mash with a potato masher or beat with a mixer.
- Spoon into a serving dish and reheat in microwave if needed.
- Drain cranberries and sprinkle on top.