1/1 Photo of Mashed Pumpkin and Apples
Cathleen Colbert's Note:
From Woman's Day. Cut pumpkins in half horizontally or squash lengthwise. Sugar or pie pumpkins are different from the jack-o-lantern variety. Can be made up to 2 days ahead and reheated in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes or in the microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml dried sweetened cranberries
- 1360.77 g sugar pumpkin or 1360.77 g butternut squash, cut in half,with seeds and strings removed
- 3 large golden delicious apples, halved and cored (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 59.14 ml butter, cut into small pieces
- 9.85 ml freshly grated lemons, rind of
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1Put cranberries in small bowl and add 1 cup boiling water and let soak.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and place pumpkin and apples cut side down on sheet.
- 4Bake 40 minutes or until pumpkin is fork tender and apples are very soft.
- 5Let cool to room temperature.
- 6Scoop pumpkin and apple pulp into large bowl.
- 7Add butter, lemon peel, salt and pepper and mash with a potato masher or beat with a mixer.
- 8Spoon into a serving dish and reheat in microwave if needed.
- 9Drain cranberries and sprinkle on top.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Pumpkin and Apples
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.3
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 458.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g