Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
A quick and easy way to make mashed potatoes. Adapted from Zip N Steam website.
- Peel potatoes if desired.
- Cut potatoes into small (1-1½ inch) pieces of roughly uniform size.
- Put potatoes into large Zip’n Steam™ bag and seal bag.
- Pat potatoes into single layer and place in microwave.
- Microwave on full power for 7½ minutes, or until all potatoes are tender and smash easily when pressed.
- If needed, microwave for additional 30-second intervals until all potatoes are tender.
- Allow bag to stand for 1 minute before handling.
- Carefully open bag, but leave cooked potatoes in bag.
- Add milk, butter, and salt to bag.
- Squeeze air out of bag and seal.
- Hold top edge of bag in one hand and mash potatoes by squeezing bag.
- If needed, add additional milk (1 Tablespoon at a time) and continue mashing until you reach your desired consistency.
- Add additional salt or butter as desired, mash until combined.
Couldn't be any easier than this! TY very much.
Made these super easy potatoes to go with Mini Skillet Meatloaves #400651 on a hot and humid 90° day and did not heat the house up! YAY! No pan to wash either! YAY again! I made as posted but added a sprinkle of onion powder for seasoning. Thanks for postng bmcnichol. Made for I Recommend Tag Game.
Super yummy and super easy. I started using Zip N Steam bags about a year ago. I use them for lots of things; potatoes, veggies, even shrimp stir fry. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for PRMR tag game.