1/1 Photo of Mashed Potatoes with Toppers
Barb Gertz's Note:
Quick to fix mashed potatoes with two toppers-Italian Pesto-Sour Cream and Mexican Chili-Cheese. Solve your what to make for dinner dilemma. These toppers can also be served on baked potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 2/3 cups potatoes buds instant mashed potatoes (dry)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (Or make your favorite Mashed potatoes)
Italian Pesto-Sour Cream Topper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons chopped drained roasted red peppers, from 7 ounce jar
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
Mexican Chili-Cheese Topper
- 1Make desired topper first: Make mashed potatoes; Heat water, milk, butter and salt in a 3-quart saucepan; remove from heat.
- 2Stir in potatoes just until moistened.
- 3Let stand 30 seconds then whip with fork until desired consistency.
- 4serve with topper.
- 5Italian Pesto-Sour Cream Topper; mix sour cream, pesto and bell peppers; spoon onto potatoes.
- 6Sprinkle with olives.
- 7Mexican Chili-Cheese Topper; cook beans and tomatoes in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot; spoon onto potatoes.
- 8Sprinkle with Cheese and onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potatoes with Toppers
Serving Size: 1 (526 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.6
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.4 mg
- Sodium 1284.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 19.7 g