Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish is not only delicious, but it is really colorful as the mashed potatoes have flecks of the spinach all throughout and the spinach souffle really adds a wonderful flavor.
- 6 -8 cups water
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 1 medium onion, sliced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup whipping cream (or half and half)
- 1 (11 ounce) packagestouffer's spinach souffle, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- Bring a large pot of water (add salt) and potatoes to a boil. Boil uncovered, until tender. Drain potatoes and return to warm pan - cover. Meanwhile, melt butter in a separate pan and saute onion and garlic until tender. Add cream (or half and half), spinach souffle, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to the onion mixture. Stir together. Heat, but do not boil. Mash potatoes with hand mixer. Add onion/spinach mixture to the potatoes while mashing. Taste for seasoning. Place in a serving bowl. Cover loosely with foil and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.