Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe makes mashed potatoes,go from plain to a better flavor. Got this from a magazine.
- 1 lb russet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- Place potatoes in a heavy saucepan.
- Cover with salted water.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover saucepan and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup liquid.
- Add butter, sour cream, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash until smooth with an electric mixer or hand masher, adding reserved cooking liquid as necessary to moisten potatoes.
- Stir in parsley. Serve potatoes with mushroom gravy.
This was great!! This will be the only way I make mashed potatoes from now on. Thanks!!
I couldn't find my original recipe with for mashed potatoes with sour cream for turned to my trusted source, 'Zaar. I was not disappointed. I sprinkled a bit of black pepper as well. Loved them. Even my picky eater finished her plate. Thanks for posting!
These were yummy! They were very easy to make and everybody in my family really liked them. Next time I make mashed potatoes I will be making these!