Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a tasty variation of the Irish Colcannon.
Make and share this Mashed Potatoes With Rosemary and Leeks recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs potatoes, cut in cubes (peeling optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic clove, minced
- 1 small leek, white part only, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cook potato cubes in boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Drain and return to pot and cover.
- Heat oil in a 2 quart saucepan and lightly brown the leeks and garlic. Add fresh rosemary and continue to cook 2 minutes. Add wine or chicken broth. Using and electric mixer, mix in potatoes. Slowly add sour cream and milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: potatoes can be mashed manually, then stirred in by hand, as well as the sour cream and milk.
These are my new favorite mashed potatoes. Didn't have any sour cream, so used fat-free half and half and figured it took the place of the sour cream plus the milk. I'll put extra garlic in next time (I used the jarred kind and it isn't as potent and the real deal). thanks, 3ov!